A heavyweight fight is the latest addition to Bellator 271.
Rising big man Steve Mowry is set to return against promotional newcomer Rakim Cleveland on the main card of the Nov. 12 event in Hollywood, Fla., promotion officials recently informed MMA Junkie.
Mowry (9-0 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) has a 100 percent finishing rate through nine professional fights, including five submissions and four TKOs. Thus far in Bellator, the 6-foot-8 heavyweight has defeated Ben Moa, Darion Abbey, Gokhan Saricam, Shawn Teed and Shaun Asher.
Cleveland (22-13-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has signed a multifight deal with Bellator, according to promotion officials. The PFL alum is coming off three straight wins, including a viral head kick knockout (and celebratory dance) against Kelvin Fital in August.
With the addition, the Bellator 271 lineup includes:
- Champion Cris Cyborg vs. Sinead Kavanagh – for women’s featherweight title
- Tyrell Fortune vs. Linton Vassell
- Justin Gonzales vs. Aaron Pico
- Rakim Cleveland vs. Steve Mowry
- Arlene Blencowe vs. Pam Sorenson